This class has been suspended by the University. Anyway, I need you to read the following links and do the activity described below as your 4th homework:
- Read a description about Imagism in the following link: http://poetry.about.com/od/poeticschools/a/Imagism.htm
- Read the poem “Richard Cory” by Edwin Arlington on this link: http://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/richard-cory
- Read the poem “Autumn” by T.E. Hulme on this link: http://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/autumn-3
How are the following aspects present in both poems?
- Directness of the “thing”, whether subjective or objective (going straight to the point).
- The minimization of words and maximization of poetic images.
- Give examples of rhythm in sequence of the musical phrase, rather than the metronome.
In the meantime, continue reading “To The Lightouse” by Virginia Woolf and print for our next class her essay “A room of one’s own”.
Send your homework to my e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the holiday,